Disclosure: I only recommend products that I would use myself. This post contains some Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you click on an Amazon link here and decide to make a purchase through my link, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). All opinions expressed here are based on my own personal experience or observations.
Here are some of my favorite things! Sources and brands of materials, supplies and tools, and other items! I will continue to update this list with more sources and more details over time.
- 1/4″ and 1/8″ cast acrylic sheets (there are so many colors and variations!) Note: not extruded acrylic, only cast acrylic
- 1/4″ or 1/8″ plywood, such as maple, walnut, hickory, etc.
- cuff bracelet blanks
- various keychain blanks
- Proofgrade materials such as Thick Proofgrade draftboard
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Masking: R-Tape 12″
Favorite Sources for Materials
- Glowforge Proofgrade Products Plywood, Hardwood, Leather, Acrylic, Veneer, Draftboard, etc. I love the quality!
- Columbia Forest Products from Home Depot Their Purebond plywood is laser safe, great quality and great price. Free shipping with a purchase of $45 or more!
- estreetplastics Great quality cast acrylic sheets with wide variety of options for clear or translucent or opaque colors. Lots of options for thicknesses!
- Etsy: Lots of great materials from different sellers
- eBay: sellers recommended by other Glowforge owners in the Glowforge community forum
- Plaid Ultra Dye
- Chalk paint
- Metallic craft paint
- Masking. My favorite to use with wood is 12″ masking that you can purchase in a 100 yard roll. This makes things very easy to prep when you’re using 12″ plywood, for example.
- Acrylic paint pens, I love extra fine tip for small, intricate items.
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Denatured alcohol. (By the way, I’ve heard you can use vodka but we’ll save that topic for another day.) 😀
- Wood glue, Gorilla glue, E6000, Starbond CA glue… depending on the project
- Zeiss Lens Cleaning wipes
- Cricut weeding tool
- Honeycomb pins
- lastic razor blades
- Baby wipes
- Foam brushes
- Paint brushes of various sizes, especially tiny ones for intricate items
- Mini roller brushes
- Xacto knife or Cricut TruControl knife
- Clamps to hold items together while glue dries.
- Heavy items like large books to hold items together while glue dries.
- Earring display
- Jewelry packaging
Favorite Findings and Accessories
- Stainless steel wire keychains
- Titanium earring findings (I’ve found the best quality and price on Etsy.)
- Tassels for keychains
- LED lamp from Amazon
- 6″ Inline fan from Amazon II’m using Vivosun and it’s working well for me, another popular brand is AC Infinity.)
- Elbows for duct hose
- HVAC foil tape (for connecting the inline fan)
- duct reducer 6″ to 4″
- flexible duct
- two piece vent hose quick connect (often marketed as for clothes dryer vent hoses)
- tall airtight storage container with lid, sometimes I use this to contain odor from items like wood projects until I can take them outside to air out
- ziploc bags or reusable silicone storage bags to store small projects, like earrings
- Workbench to hold the Glowforge and hold materials in drawers
Tell me about your favorites below in the comments! I’m always on the lookout for new ideas!
See ya soon!