My son loves to hit targets with his Nerf gun. And if he has fun targets to play with, there is less of a chance he will shoot something (or someone!) he isn’t supposed to. 😀
REMINDER: TEST, MASK (if needed) & DON’T FORGET TO VENT & SET FOCUS HEIGHT
Let’s Make This Target!
- First, download the free target design.
- Place your material and upload the design, move the design to the location where you want to cut the target.
- Set your material to the appropriate setting. For this instance, I start with the settings for Proofgrade Thick Maple Plywood and then adjust from there, as those settings are nearly the same as what I use with my material.
Materials and Supplies Needed:
- 1/4″ maple plywood
- masking (if plywood is not already masked)
- paint if you want to paint the target. Extra fine tip acrylic paint markers are shown in this tutorial
- Glowforge, laptop or other device compatible with Glowforge
- weeding tool
- plastic razor blade
- calipers to check the exact height of your material
- In the left bar, set the center of the target to “Engrave.” High quality is not needed. 170 lines per inch is sufficient.
- Set the outline of the board to “Cut.”
- Then set the lines to “Score.”
- Double check to make sure that your design is not grayed out, which would indicate it is out of print area and needs to be moved.
- Now, press the “Print” button at the top right of the dashboard.
- Press the flashing button! 🙂
- Retrieve your target!
If you are not going to paint your target, skip to step 13.
- You can either remove all of the masking or you can remove the masking from just the sides that you are not painting. Then, while painting, remove one section of masking at a time while you paint. This way if you accidentally cross over the line of where you want to paint, it’s easier if you do that where there is masking – you can just pull the masking off.
- After painting, let dry fully.
- Seal. I used a clear spray sealant.
I would love to see the Nerf Gun targets you make! Please let me know if you have questions. What other projects you would like to see next! Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.
See ya after a while, crocodile!