Need educational activities to keep the kids busy? My daughter will be starting kindergarten, she really needs to practice writing letters. This acrylic writing board has letters scored on the bottom, so the top is smooth and easy to write on.
REMINDER: TEST, MASK (if needed) & DON’T FORGET TO VENT & SET FOCUS HEIGHT
Let’s Make This Writing Board!
- Download the free writing board design.
- Place your material and upload the design, move the design to the location where you want to cut the board.
- Set your material to the appropriate setting. For this instance, I am using the setting for Proofgrade Thick Clear Acrylic, as the settings it needs are the same as my non-Proofgrade 1/4″ clear acrylic.
Materials and Supplies Needed:
- 1/4″ cast acrylic sheet
- masking (if acrylic is not already masked)
- Glowforge, laptop
- weeding tool
- plastic razor blade
- In the left bar, set the outline of the board to “Cut.”
- Then in the left bar set the lines and the letters both to “Score.”
- Double check to make sure that your design is not grayed out, which would indicate it is out of print area and needs to be moved.
- Now, press the “Print” button at the top right of the dashboard.
- Press the flashing button! 🙂
- When the print is complete retrieve your writing board!
- Remove the masking.
I hope you enjoy making this Acrylic Writing Board. I would love to see yours! Please let me know if you have questions. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below. And feel free to let me know what projects you would like to see in the future!