These double cute double heart dangly earrings can be made with a wide variety of materials and in the color(s) of your choice. My favorite materials for these are 1/8″ or 1/4″ plywood.
REMINDER: TEST, MASK (if needed) & DON’T FORGET TO VENT & SET FOCUS HEIGHT
Let’s Make These Earrings!
- Download the free design.
- Place your material into the machine. (If masking, apply masking first.)
- Upload the design to the Glowforge dashboard. Move the design to the location where you want to cut the board.
- Set your material to the appropriate setting.
Materials and Supplies Needed:
- 1/4″ or 1/8″ plywood of your choice (I used two-sided Columbia Forest Products plywood from Home Depot)
- masking (optional)
- paint, dye or stain (optional)
- a microfiber cloth or baby wipes
- isopropyl alcohol
- a sealant of your choice (optional, for this project, I used clear spray)
- earring wire hooks (2)
- jump rings (4)
- jewelry pliers
- optional: sandpaper (about 400 grit)
- Glowforge, laptop
- very small paintbrush
- weeding tool
- In the left bar, set the outline of the earrings to “Cut.”
- Then set the markings to “Score.”
- Double check to make sure that your design is not grayed out, which would indicate it is out of print area and needs to be moved.
- Press “Print.”
- Press the flashing Glowforge button! 🙂
- Let the laser do it’s magic. 😀
- Remove the earrings from the Glowforge.
- Peel off the masking, if used. Clean earrings with isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth or baby wipes. If needed, lightly sand with about 400 grit sandpaper.
- Using your paintbrush or acrylic paint pen or whatever colorant you’ve decided to use, color as desired.
- Let dry.
- If you are sealing the earrings, seal and let dry fully before moving on to next step.
- Using jewelry pliers, attach two jump rings to each earring and then attach the earring wire hooks.
I hope you enjoy making these Double Heart Dangly Earrings! Please let me know if you have questions. And please let me know what other projects you would like to see soon!
See you later!