I love to use the Glowforge to make practical things that are useful and meet a need. And I love being able to customize them to be exactly how I need or want. There are so many awesome practical items you can make!
Here are some examples:
- Tools (honeycomb pins, protractor, risers to hold up material in Glowforge, etc.)
- Organizers (desk organizer, drawer dividers, etc.)
- Boxes (pencil box, boxes to hold small parts like game pieces, craft items, hardware, etc.)
- Holders / Stands (phone case, phone stand, computer monitor stand, toothbrush holder)
- Educational Items (writing board, multiplication table, etc.)
- Adaptive Technology (reading focus cards, slanted stand, etc.)
- Things around the house (heat register cover, handle, light switch cover, etc.)
- Small gifts that are customized for the recipient (Valentines for a school classroom, personalized keychain, teacher gifts)
The other day we needed a new heat register cover for an unusual-sized heat register in our home. We have struggled in the past to find one the right size or something we could purchase and adapt on our own. Enter the Glowforge! This project was quick and easy – it only took a few minutes, and we even used a piece of scrap plywood to make it!
It’s such a satisfying feeling to be able to make something myself! It saved so much time and money, and frustration! There are a lot of other practical things I’m planning to make like a picture calendar to help my kids remember things like their bedtime routine.
What types of practical items have you made? What items would you love to make? Comment below and maybe it will be featured here in the future!
Sign up here to get my free newsletter and also the password to access free designs!