Do you love the beach? Does it bring to mind fond memories of relaxing vacations? You can carry that memory with you all day every day of the year with these cute sand dollar earrings.
They are quick and easy to make, and they make great gifts! My favorite materials for these earrings are 1/8″ draftboard or plywood.
Let’s Make These Earrings!
- Download the free design from my design library.
- Place your material into the machine. (If masking, apply masking first.)
- Upload the design to the Glowforge dashboard. Move the design to the location where you want to cut the board.
- Set your material to the appropriate setting.
Materials and Supplies Needed:
- 1/8″ plywood or draftboard of your choice
- masking (optional)
- a microfiber cloth
- isopropyl alcohol
- earring wire hooks (2)
- jump rings (4)
- jewelry pliers
- In the left bar, set the outline of the earrings to “Cut.”
- Then set the markings to “Engrave.”
- Double-check to make sure that your design is not grayed out, which would indicate it is out of print area and needs to be moved.
- Print. Let the laser do it’s magic. 😀
- Remove the earrings from the machine.
- Peel off the masking, if used. Clean earrings with isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth.
- Using jewelry pliers, attach two jump rings to each earring and then attach the earring wire hooks.
Then share a pic with me so I can see your amazing earrings!
Can’t wait to see!